[amibroker] Re: Yahoo caution

Rik,
I am sure you know this but others may not.

When using Yahoo EOD data, in order to get full complete data you
should wait until at least 3:00 AM Eastern time in order to download
the previous days "historical" data. If you download historical
earlier they may be gaps, that is some symbols may be updated and
some not.

Also, on the weekend I download the full prior weeks daily historical
data again, in order to catch any data corrections CSI may have
applied.

Regards
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@xxxx>
wrote:
> I know some of you are using Yahoo data.
>
> In the Stock Analyzer we also use Yahoo data.
>
> I have just discovered a problem in Yahoo data.
>
> Example is QQQ. If you check the historical data for QQQ on Yahoo
it should
> be complete through Jul18th.
>
> Sometimes it is. But If I check it a minute later it might stop
with JUL 16
> data.
>
> Repeated checks get randomly alternating returns of those two
situations.

> Also happens on NDX, and I am guessing could be happening on any
call for
> Yahoo historical data.
>
> I noticed this when another Stock Analyzer user reported a signal I
was not
> seeing on my chart.
>
> At this time I would be careful if using Yahoo data.
> Rik Rasmussen
> Stock Analyzer mailing list moderator
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stockanalyzer/

Buy No Snore & Get a Good Night's Sleep. Natural Oral Spray -- $24.95
(1 bottle, 1 month supply, with sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil & more).
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2881&lp=h515.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2oMABA/nuYGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM