[amibroker] Re: Random selection of stocks

There are actually quite a few people who are interested and
knowledgable.  I tried to write it in such a way that one only need
have an idea of what makes for good securities at particular points
in time.

If you are interested I suggest you read the doc if you haven't
already.  Look at the examples therein which are pretty simple and
straight forward.

I tried to keep it short ...

See the posts in the forum (PortfolioTrader) I was sort of forced to
set up and feel free to ask questions there ...

As far as sharing control, no can do.

However I think you'll find its capabilities already robust and we're
adding new stuff all the time and I do take an interest in ideas for
additional feature/functions from users.  Chuck and others haven't
gotten every last thing they wanted but I think most would agree
enhancements that more than meet needs have been developed pretty
quickly.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred,
>
> I suspect that only you and Chuck REALLY understand the capabilities
> of PT.
>
> Would you be willing to act as a guide where PT is concerned? The
> reason I ask is that I have been conditioned by multiple decades of
> experience (habit) of solving problems on my own. BUT I'd like to
see
> PT in action from the eyes of the developer.
>
> This might require you to either take control or share control of
the
> project. At the very least, you will need to guide me in specifying
> filtering and scoring requirements.  I suspect that PTxxxx can be an
> intimidating obstacle for a non-technical user, and I am not
qualified
> to take the lead on this. And you will probably need to excercise a
> 'super-human' level of patience or flexability in dealing with
> conceptual issues.
>
> In addition to the above, I am sometimes 'slow as Christmas' in
> progressing to the next step of a project, which I guarentee will
> drive you crazy.
>
> In other words, trying to get you and I coordinated on something
will
> be like trying to mix Oil and Water. And while not impossible, the
> odds are against this working.
>
> But if you are interested in making the effort, then so am I.
>
> Phsst
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > Phsst,
> >
> > Again ... I really am NOT pushing a product ... but this is what
PT
> > was made for i.e. to filter or more appropriately SCORE and trade
the
> > high scorers.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello Chuck,
> > >
> > > I think in the same terms that you expressed regarding using
filters
> > > against a full blown database to narrow down selections. That
> > approach
> > > does not necessarily translate into 'holy grailism' as
expressed by
> > Yuki.
> > >
> > > But from Yuki's post about trading only 5 stocks, I concluded
that
> > > there surely must be a great potential benefit from being so
> > > intimately familiar with a small number of highly liquid stocks
that
> > > you can see their charts in your sleep. You should be able to
> > develop
> > > superior instincts regarding support/resistance/volume
> > relationships.
> > > So I'd like to take a shot at that approach too. I don't have to
> > > abondon one trading system for another. What is the old
saying...
> > > variety is the spice of life.
> > >
> > > So now I'll spend a few days filtering down to my target
basket, and
> > > then start applying some rules to trading them to see what
shakes.

> > > A new quest...
> > >
> > > Phsst
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
> > things that
> > > Fred has

> > > filtering
> > > Yuki, what
> > > answer that
> > watchlist can
> > > system,
> > > intervention, for
> > that
> > > place.

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM