Re: [amibroker] Choppy markets

Hi Keith,

Friday, July 18, 2003, 10:36:31 AM, you wrote:

KN> Any ideas on how to trade choppy trending markets full of gaps and
KN> ups and downs.  Does anyone have an opinion on suitable indicators?

No, but I have a strong opinion about them: They are to be avoided.

Why speculate when emotion is running wild and both ways?  Why take
any shot other than a lay up?  Most of the time, markets aren't like
that.  Sit back, relax, wait.  Unless you are just gambling.  Much of
the time, doing nothing is the correct choice.  Every decision you
make has three possible choices: buy, sell, do nothing.  Only one of
them is correct.  The odds are always against you making the right
choice among the three.  Wait until the odds really favor decision
making.  Make them when you are forced to make them.  They are more
often correct then.

OTOH, you said trending.  If that's true, fade the counter trend
moves.  It should be that simple. ^^_^^  "Choppy trending" however,
is probably a warning that the trend may be losing its way.

Yuki

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM