Re: [amibroker] Re: Steve Karnish

>As for the delay -1, ...I am not ready yet [!]

DT,

Keep in mind:  Trend following/breakout approaches tend to have a lot of
slippage.  Once price is going straight up, you can usually identify a much
better price on today close, rather than tomorrow's opening.

If you are using a momentum/mean reversion approach you can trigger trades
when momentum hits "certain levels".  Many times, this means that you will
receive a better price on the opening tomorrow, then you receive from
today's close (mean reversion applications tend to be early).  Of course, if
you wait for your Indicator to turn around and the new direction triggers
you in ...you suffer slippage again.  Anticipating the end of a retracement
is always a hairy experience.

So, depending on how the system is designed, there are advantages to timing
in early for systems (like a breakout or an oscillator changing direction).
Momentum oscillators tend to be early.  Look at all the classic Sto, RSI,
Williams, StoRSI, CMO and you see divergence. Sometimes, slower is better.
I'll give some execution times a spin and report back.

Take care,

Steve

Take care,

Steve