RE: [amibroker] lower highs, lower lows

I recently posted an
indicator which could be roughly what you are looking for, at least for the
trend identifiaction. I will post another version of what I am doing, and see if
it can be modified to get what you want
Can't remember which one I
posted, but here is latest of this particular strain of my
fumblings

//INDICATOR C 2
//Momentum
//by Graham Kavanagh 09 June 2003
Period1 = 40<FONT
size=2>;
Period2 = 20<FONT
size=2>;
Period3 = 5;
Rise = IIf<FONT
size=2>(H<FONT
size=2>>Ref<FONT
size=2>(H<FONT
size=2>,-1)
AND <FONT
color=#ff0000 size=2>L><FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Ref(<FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>L,-<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1),<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>0);
Fall = IIf<FONT
size=2>(H<FONT
size=2><Ref<FONT
size=2>(H<FONT
size=2>,-1)
AND <FONT
color=#ff0000 size=2>L<<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Ref(<FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>L,-<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1),<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>0);
CountRise = Sum<FONT
size=2>(Rise,Period1);
CountFall = Sum<FONT
size=2>(Fall,Period1);
IndC = (CountRise-CountFall)/Period1*<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>100;
MAIndC = DEMA<FONT
size=2>(IndC,Period2);
Trigger = EMA<FONT
size=2>(MAIndC,Period3);
Strengthup = MAindc - <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>ValueWhen(<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Cross(maindc,trigger),MAindc);
Strengthdn = MAindc - <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>ValueWhen(<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Cross(trigger,maindc),MAindc);
Strength = DEMA(
(strengthup+strengthdn), period2 );
MAstrength = EMA<FONT
size=2>(Strength,5<FONT
size=2>);
GraphXSpace = <FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>2;
mycolor=IIf<FONT
size=2>(MAIndC>Trigger, <FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>colorGreen, <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>IIf(MAIndC<Trigger,<FONT
color=#ff0000 size=2>colorRed,<FONT
color=#ff0000 size=2>colorBlack));<FONT
color=#ff0000 size=2>
Title =<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>EncodeColor(<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>SelectedValue(mycolor)) + <FONT
color=#0000ff size=2>Name() + <FONT
color=#8b0000 size=2>" " + <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Date() + "
Ind C2 Trend Strength: Higher Highs & Lows - Lower Highs & Lows:
"+<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>WriteVal(period1,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1)+<FONT color=#8b0000
size=2>"/"+<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>WriteVal(period1,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>2)+<FONT color=#8b0000
size=2>"/"+<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>WriteVal(period3,<FONT color=#ff00ff
size=2>1);
Plot( strength, <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>EncodeColor(<FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>colorGreen)+<FONT color=#8b0000
size=2>" trend Strength ", <FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>colorGreen, <FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>styleLine+<FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>styleNoLabel);<FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>
Plot( mastrength, <FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>EncodeColor(<FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>colorRed)+"
MA Strength ", <FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>colorRed, <FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>styleLine+<FONT color=#ff0000
size=2>styleNoLabel);

 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name="PersonName">

<B
><I
><SPAN
>Cheers<SPAN
class=GramE>,<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName
><B
><I
><SPAN
>Graham
<A
href=""><FONT
color=#008080>http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
<A
href=""><FONT
color=#008080>http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, 17 July 2003 2:52
  PMTo: amibrokeryahoogroupsCc: jeff
  davisSubject: [amibroker] lower highs, lower
  lows
  A lot of traders are expecting the markets
  to turn down any day now, so I made an CRUDE AA scan that
  is designed to find stocks that have been trending up
  for awhile,  but which have recently started trending
   down.   Although I have posted the code  below, I am
  not looking  for suggestions for improving this CRUDE
  scan.   I am still struggling with AFL, so I am not yet able to
  create the AA scan that will look for exactly the conditions that I want to
  scan for.    I really want  a  scan that will find
   those symbols that meet the Weinstein  definition of the ending of
  an uptrend and the entering of a downtrend.   I am aware that DT is
  a little suspicious of Weinstein because he wears a ring on his
  pinkie.  It bothers me a little also, but at least he doesn't
  wear a ring in his nose, at least not yet, as far as I know .
  I am thinking that a lot of Amibroker users would like to have a scan which
  will find the conditions which are  necessary for finding a Weinstein
  change from uptrend to downtrend.   My understanding of Weinstein
  trends is that after a series of higher highs and higher lows, we suddenly see
  a lower low, then we need to be worried.  After the appearance of this
  first lower low, we need to keep watching till the next high occurs.  If
  this next high is lower than the previous high, then we are officially in a
  Weinstein downtrend.   The attached chart that resulted from my
  CRUDE coding is approximately the kind of results that will result from a
  precise coding of the Weinstein change of trend definition.  Since an AA
  scan for these Weinstein change of trend conditions will  be useful to a
  lot of Amibroker users, I would greatly appreciate it if some experienced
  Amibroker coders would post the code for that looks for these precise
  condtions.  Ron D
  itema=C;

  Sell= MA<FONT
  size=1>(itema,40<FONT
  size=1>)>=MA<FONT
  size=1>(itema,20)
  AND MA<FONT
  size=1>(itema,5<FONT
  size=1>)<=MA<FONT
  size=1>(itema,10<FONT
  size=1>)/* AND MA(itema,10)>= MA(itema,4)
  AND MA(itema,4)>= MA(itema,5) AND MA(itema,5)>=MA(itema,6)AND
  MA(itema,6)>=MA(itema,7) AND MA(itema,7)>=MA(itema,9) AND MA(itema,10)
  >= MA(itema,12) AND MA(itema,20)>=MA(itema,10) */<FONT
  size=1>AND Ref<FONT
  size=1>(Cross<FONT
  size=1>(StochD<FONT
  size=1>(14),<FONT
  color=#0000ff size=1>StochK(<FONT color=#ff00ff
  size=1>14)),-<FONT color=#ff00ff
  size=1>1);/* AND
  StochK(14)>=80; */
  Buy=(0<FONT
  size=1>);
  PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow * Buy +
  shapeDownArrow * Sell, <FONT color=#0000ff
  size=1>IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed
  ) )Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.