[amibroker] Re: Going to IQFeed ... and encountering problems.

One thing I experienced is IQFeed.dll plugin is very sensitive in
the way it's opened and close by an application.  If you have it
opened by an application (your excel spread sheet) then you opened
AB RT.  You must closed the application in reverse meaning last-in
first-out or you'll lose connection to the feed.  I am still having
problem once in a while with QT and AB RT running at the same time.
Something to do with synchronization between these applications and
the IQFEED plugin.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fujeira" <fujeira@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm running AB to read EOD files in QP2.
>
> Now I want to run real-time.
>
> I hooked up with IQFeed for their 7 day free trial. I downloaded
> their IQFeed CONNECTION MANAGER (an *.exe file) that hooks up with
> their datafeed. I receive my password for accessing their server.
>
> I upgraded to real-time AB and downloaded the IQFeed.dll and
placed
> it in the AmiBroker subdirectory.
>
> The real-time connection works with IQFeed because I run their
sample
> Excel spreadsheet that has several stocks and indices loaded in
and
> am able to see real-time updates.
>
> I go to run AB real-time and I cannot connect with IQFeed. In
> the "new database" setting where I go to "Database folder" to find
> and store the real-time collected data I load data into a
> subdirectory that I have created: IQFeed. I CANNOT, however, find
> under Data source's IQ plug-in dll. Somethng is causing the
> IQFeed.dll not to be recognized.
>
> Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advance.

Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM