RE: [amibroker] Re: Learning

<SPAN
class=027584117-14072003>Dominick,
<SPAN
class=027584117-14072003>
That
is because the value of close is greater than pat1 on each bar that is
loaded.
<SPAN
class=027584117-14072003>
Pat1
is a condition...If true it returns a value of 1 if false a value of zero. You
are asking day1up to cum the occurrences of Close being greater than 0 or 1.
Because close is greater than 0 or 1 your cum value is equal to the total bars
loaded.

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dom1_1998
[mailto:Dom2000@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 1:31
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
LearningSorry about that.  I did have your
way.  It still gives me the totalnumber of bars loaded as if I wrote
bars=cum(1); instead of only thosecloses that were higher than the pattern
yesterday.Dominck--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Dominick,> Count your
parenthesis. It should be...> day1up=Cum(C>Ref(pat,-1));>
> > Regards,> Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: dom1_1998 [mailto:Dom2000@xxxx]> Sent: Monday,
July 14, 2003 12:57 PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Learning> > > I'm praticing to understand
formulas.  I have written this test pattern;> > pat=Ref(C,-3)
< Ref(C,-4) AND Ref(C,-2) <Ref(C,-3)AND> Ref(C,-2)<Ref(C,-1)AND
C>Ref(C,-1);> > totpat=Cum(pat);>
day1up=Cum(Ref(pat,-1)AND C>Ref(C,-1));> > I totaled the
patterns with cum(pat).  But when I tried to total the> day1up
patterns with day1up=cum(c>ref(pat,-1);  It wouldn't work.> I had
to use the formula above (day1up=Cum(Ref(pat,-1)AND C>Ref(C,-1));>
> Why doesn't the cum(c>ref(pat,-1) work??  Doesn't it say total
only> the number of closes that are greater than the pattern
yesterday?> > TIA,> > Dominick> >
>       Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.