[amibroker] Re: C vs (H+L)/2 [part two]

Willem,
thank you for your comments.
Before applying this code, please see the title
// Trade ^N225 with ^NDX data, II
It is an *experimental* study for the ^N225
The character of this index [and TokyoSE in general] is a bit
peculiar, as explained in many messages.
The best [to my knowledge] N100 systems have *very* poor results
applied to TSE.
I try to find a way to handle this difficult market and the sysI,
sysII seem to break the shell.
Please accept is as is.
It is far from a general system and, much more, to apply it to DAX
and its components.
Since DAX is, IMO, closely depended on the leader N100, another study
will be posted for this market. Later, not now.
I would appreciate your comments for this study, since I do not trade
DAX stocks in regular basis.
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "willem1940" <w.j.a.struyck@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have applied version I and II to a couple of Dutch MF of the
Robeco
> group, optimization over 2 years. As you mention with version II
> number of trades increases (approx 5 to 7 trades vs. with system I
1
> or 2 trades), but so does the number of trades with a loss.
Moreover

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Here is an interesting alternative:
> > The basic idea is to buy when
> > a. Cross(0,R), like the first below described systemI
> > b. R makes a peak.
> > Since R is very smooth, instead of using the Peak function, we
may
> have the same result with Ref(R,-1)==HHV(R,3);
> > Sell conditions may remain the same.
> > The full code is
> >
> > // Trade ^N225 with ^NDX data, II
> > N="^NDX";
> > O=Foreign(N,"O");H=Foreign(N,"H");L=Foreign(N,"L");C=Foreign
(N,"C");
> > t0=50;
> > T1=5;
> > R0=RSIA(C,T1)-RSIA((H+L),T1);Plot(R0,"",1,1);
> > R0=DEMA(R0,T0);
> > R1=DEMA(R0,T0);
> > R2=DEMA(R1,T0);
> > R3=DEMA(R2,T0);
> > R4=DEMA(R3,T0);
> > R5=DEMA(R4,T0);
> > R=R5;Plot(R,"",2,8);
> > X=Optimize("X",30,20,40,1);
> > Buy=Cross(0,R) OR Ref(R,-1)==HHV(R,3);
> > Buy=ExRemSpan(Buy,X);
> > Sell=Ref(Buy,-X);
> > Short=Sell;Cover=Buy;
> >
> > The II system is equally profitable but in a different style :
> > System I worked with 8trades/6winners/2losers
> > System II works with 20trades/13 winners/7losers, the distance
> between signals is shorter.
> > Although the final profit is almost the same, shorter intervals
> help for better control.
> > It is interesting to watch the recent systemII "decisions"
> > Buy on May13.
> > Sell/short on June24.
> > Cover/Buy again the very next bar, June25.
> > Sometimes systems have a close touch to the tough trading
reality !!
> > The general and detailed description is in sysII gif.
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> > PS1 A typo on sysI was corrected below.
> > PS2 Both systems are experimental, no trading experience
available,
> any opinions appreciated.

Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM