Re: [amibroker] Change in REM usage?

Owen,

There are (and always were there in AFL) 2 types of comments:
single-line c++ like:

//

that have no terminating sequence (comment out everything upto the end of the line)

and old c-like comments:

/*  */

Using second kind you can "close" the comment via */

In your example:

VarA=StochD(14) + /* StochD(9) +  */ StochD(5);

It is also described exactly in the User's Guide:
Comments
Comments are pieces of text used to annotate a program. Comments are for the programmer's use only; they are stripped from the
source code before parsing. The are two ways to delineate comments: C-like comments and C++ like comments. A C-like comment is any
sequence of characters placed after the symbol pair /*. The comment terminates at the first occurrence of the pair */ following the
initial /*. The entire sequence, including the four comment-delimiter symbols, is replaced by one space. A C++ like comments are
single-line comments that start by using two adjacent slashes (//) in any position within the line and extend until the next new
line.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com