[amibroker] Re: Short system

epintoem,

I will take a guess that what you have in mind. Although it may be
different than what you want, it will get you started. Modify to
suit your needs.

--- "epintoem" <epintoem@xxxx> wrote:
> I think I may have a system for you...
> if some one will help with the
> exit code I just requested...
>
> cond= my conditions
> buy = close
> sell= high of previous day or close

condition_1 = your condition for determining sell price
condition_2 = your buy conditions, etc.
condition_3 = your sell conditions

BuyPrice = Close;
SellPrice = iif(condition_1,Ref(high,-1),close);

Buy = condition_2;
Sell = condition_3;

Well that should get your started. If you are planning to write up a
short trading system, you will want to be using "Short" and "Cover"
instead of buy and sell.

Best of luck.

> I believe the opportunity to hold for
> more than a couple of days will
> exist once I experiment with parameters.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Chuck,
> >
> > Tuesday, July 8, 2003, 12:20:13 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > CR> I think you would find it quite different trading in the
States.
> > CR> I think that most people lurking around on this site actually
> > CR> "work" their orders. By that I mean that they watch the open
and
> > CR> strike when they think it is right.
> >
> > That's fine.  But there is no way to back test such a system
that I
> > can think of.
> >
> > CR> An alternative way is to give the order to a broker.  But if
> want to buy
> > CR> 100,000 shares and there are only 1,000 on offer, I surely
won't
> get a fill
> > CR> for all of them at the opening offer price.
> >
> > With a market order, I would, all of it.  It simply would not
open
> > until I was filled at one price.  But I would be creating my own
> > private opening price with an imbalance like that, and would
never do
> > it of course. There would be a huge air pocket in the opposite
> > direction I would be trading. If I can't dump or scoop 15,000
shares
> > on the open and be absolutely invisible, I don't trade the issue.
> > Most days I am invisible.  Some days I'm more visible, but I'm
never
> > a factor in setting the opening price.
> >
> > CR> By me paying 1% commission (actually a little less), I can be
> > CR> guaranteed getting the open price regarless of how many
shares I
> > CR> am trading.
> >
> > You are right.  It's different here.  ^_^
> >
> > Yuki

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM