[amibroker] Creating a composite index of my watchlist

I am trying to create an
index of my watchlist of stocks that is consistent. It is easy to do if they all
have traded for the same period of time, but some stocks started trading more
recently than others. The standard method of just adding the prices means that
if a stock starts the resultant composite chart gaps at that day due to the
extra price of the new stock. I tried dividing by the number of stocks but the
gap remains.
I have also tried just
using the change of price each day but it does not produce a usable
chart.
Has anyone got any ideas
that I could try.
Ultimately I want to use it
as a tool to determine strengths and divergances within the watchlist of stocks,
much as a sector index would be used.
TIA
 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name="PersonName">

<B
><I
><SPAN
>Cheers<SPAN
class=GramE>,<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName
><B
><I
><SPAN
>Graham