[amibroker] Re: H=L and V=0

Could this be the result of a stock that has split several times over
the years and the data that may reflect this?  Just a shot in the
dark...

Nurudin

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> MessageBob,
>
> I reviewed quickly the csv file I created last night to see the
occurrences of H==L and V== some value. You seem to be correct for
the vast majority of situations, i.e., the volume is a round number,
like 2,400; 40,800, etc., suggesting one big trade either by a mutual
fund or a high flyer trader. However, not all were that way. Sorting
on volume in descending order, the top 2 occurrences were V=
2,900,812 (VRTS on 10/12/94 when the price was only 0.36) and V=
1,995,873 (XTO when the price was 2.07). There were other isolated
instances of big volume and no evidence of a round lot type of
number. But, again the vast majority were round numbers. So, there
were instances that didn't look like a single large trade, but I
agree they still could have been. Thanks.

> AV

V==0 days. I didn't know that. My list, too, was originally created
using ma(V,50)>250,000. Your explanation for days when H==L AND V==0
is good and I feel confident in deleting those days completely
>     [Bob Jagow] I don't see the point in deleting them
>      (although I don't know how, do you?).  [Bob Jagow] Nope, you
can't change or delete QP2 data within AB.
>      The real problem is what to do about those majority of days
when H==L, yet the volume was normal.
>     [Bob Jagow] I don't agree that the volumes were "normal" Many
were round lots and 25% had V <= 1000.
>      You confirmed this yourself. Are those real trading days? What
does it mean when the high and low are the same and the volume
appears normal?
>     [Bob Jagow] That happens if there was only one trade. That's
why I commented that the 25% " clearly could have been a single
transaction".
>      Are these real errors by QP2? If not, do we just assume them
to be correct and go our merry way?

Al.
>       To do otherwise would trash most indicators.
>
>       I also use QP2 so ran your scan on a watch list of stocks
with MA(V,10) >250K.
>       This 1301-stock list  had 22452 errors; 5152 with V==0.
>       Of the remaining 17,300, 4300  had V <= 1000 shares; these
clearly could have been a single transaction.
>       I'm therefore not surprised by the overall % errors he two
tests showed.

>       Bob

folks eliminated what you call 'padded' data. I'll write them an
email and ask.

traded days are included in the data as zero volume and the C =
yesterdays close with o=h=l=c
>           This is common in Australia to use this form, but I don't
know if used anywhere else.

>           Cheers,
>           Graham
>
>           http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
>
>           http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

watchlist containing almost 800 stocks (range setting on all
quotations). I was interested in finding out how many times the high
was equal to the low or the volume equaled 0. I used the following
exploration:

>             Buy=Sell=Short=Cover=0;
>             Error = H==L OR V==0;
>             AddColumn(H,"H",1.2);
>             AddColumn(L,"L",1.2);
>             AddColumn(V,"V",1);
>             AddColumn(Error,"Bad Price Patterns",1);
>             Filter=Error>0;
>
>             To my surprise, I found over 13,000 instances of H==L
and almost 2,700 instances of V==0. On the days when V==0, the H and
L were also equal. So, those days were truly bad data (or non-trade)
days. However, in the other 10,000+ instances when H==L, there was
legitimate volume, sometimes high volume. What does it mean when the
price bars are all equal (O=H=L=C), yet volume was finite?

>             Al Venosa
>
>             This message has been confirmed to be virus-free by
Norton Antivirus.

>             Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>             Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Terms of Service.

>           Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>           Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
of Service.

>         Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>         Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

>       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

>     Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>     Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
Service.

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM