RE: [amibroker] Is it that hard to get simple breadth indicators in AB?

<SPAN
class=577564516-25062003>CBY,
<SPAN
class=577564516-25062003>
the
addtocomposite feature allows you to calculate a/d on any watchlist you
want........
<SPAN
class=577564516-25062003>
Scan a
watchlist/market etc with the code below. In this example we have created a new
composite called ~AD, we have stored a count of advancing issues to the close
field,declining issues to the open field, advancing vol to High and declining
volume to Low. You can now create an indicator using the data stored in the ~AD
composite. To create the composite just drop the code below into the AA window
and run scan on the watchlist/market of your choice. You could also use the
Marketid function to set up a filter and create several different composites,
based on the filter, in one scan.
<SPAN
class=577564516-25062003>
You
might want to take a look at the addtocomposite tutorial. Market breadth is a
snap with AB and you are only limited by your imagination. For examples of
breadth indicators take a look in the library found at the AB website. Dimitris
has posted several examples. A search of this group also has many examples
posted by myself and others regarding sector analysis which use breadth
indicators......
<SPAN
class=577564516-25062003>
<FONT
color=#282828>
up=C<FONT
face=Arial>>Ref(C,-1<FONT
color=#282828>);<FONT
size=2>
dn=C<FONT
face=Arial><Ref(C,-1<FONT
color=#282828>);<FONT
size=2>
upvol=IIf(up,V<FONT
face=Arial>/C,0<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial>);<FONT
face=Arial>
dnvol=IIf(dn,V<FONT
face=Arial>/C,0);
 <FONT
size=2>
AddToComposite(up,~Ad,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"C");<FONT
color=#0000ff>
AddToComposite(dn,~Ad,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"O");<FONT
color=#0000ff>
AddToComposite(upvol,~Ad,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"H");<FONT
color=#0000ff>
AddToComposite(dnvol,~Ad,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>"L"<FONT face=Arial
size=2>);

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: cby
[mailto:cby1@xxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 12:43
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Is it
that hard to get simple breadth indicators in AB?I
guess so - no one responded (see below, msg# 42605) except a "I have that
question too". I thought it was just me. Anybody got some help here? I read
the tutorial - I played around for about 2 hours trying to get it to work -
what's the magic? Composite Calculate settings are #A/D issues, All quotes,
All markets. ==================================================I must
have a shortage of Brain cells or something...let's say I want to calculate
the Thrust Oscillator (or A/D line, etc) for the Nasdaq Composite with Yahoo
quotes. Looks like there's no quote for Advancing issues, etc., so I use the
Amibroker functions (e.g., AdvIssues(). Even after looking at the
tutorial in the archive, I can't seem to set things up right - I'm using the
US Stocks DB, so that Markets should be set up right, and I set up the Base
Index for the Nasdaq as ^IXIC (the Yahoo quote for the Nasdaq
Composite).Is this not right? Why do things like the A/D line never
change when I select different indexes? It seems to want to base everything
on the Dow...How do I get it to calc these things for Nasdaq when I
select the Nasdaq? I got some kinda conceptual problem here. Using AB
4.3Thanks in advance,ChrisSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.