From: bistrader [mailto:bisteele@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 June 2003 8:43 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] DELETE LARGE AMOUNT OF UNWANTED TICKERS

I am a FastTrack user and have FastTrack and US-Stock (via AmiQuote)
databases within AmiBroker.  The other day I downloaded 7000 plus
stock ticker prices for the day into my FastTrack database by error.
Now, I would like to delete all of these 7000 plus stock tickers from
my Amibroker FastTrack database.  I know I can just delete the
FastTrack database and re-establish it.  However, I have lots of buy
and sell notes with my FastTrack mutual funds that I want to keep and
these overlays, it appears, are included with the actual mutual fund
ticker. I can remember some time ago a feature in Amibroker that
allowed one to delete all tickers that were not included via a plug- in (and
in my case the FastTrack Plug-In).  In any case, any help
here would be appreciated.

Such a feature would also help me with mutual fund tickers that I
create for use in FastTrack but no longer need.  That is, from time
to time I create tickers (actually called FNUs in FastTrack language)
for FastTrack use.  Each night, I run a bat file to delete these for
FastTrack use.  However, Amibroker keeps them for ever and ever or
until one deletes and re-establishes a new FastTrack database.

Bert

A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.