  >From:
  dom1_1998
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:19 AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Price
  Persistency
  Hi Anthony:Here is an example of isolating a 3daydn
  pattern:Day3Dn=C > Ref(C,-1) AND Ref(C,-1) < Ref(C,-2) AND
  Ref(C,-2)<Ref(C,-3)AND Ref(C,-3)<Ref(C,-4)AND
  Ref(C,-4)>Ref(C,-5);Which states today is up, last 3 days down and the
  4th was up.Here's what I was trying to achieve and I believe Eugene is
  seekingthe same:Years ago I bought a pattern recognition
  program.    It was in Dos,expensive, clumsy and very
  restrictive.  But the stats it producedwere excellent.  It
  allowed you to pick the pattern from the chart byentering the dates of the
  pattern.   Here's an example of some of thestats.  Remember
  this is an isolated pattern that meets the above3daydn
  requirement:3daydn pattern, 251 bars loaded, symbol XYZ:24
  patternsup next day: 21average gain:  $1.50Highest gain:
  $2.75Lowest gain: $0.502 days up after pattern: 18average
  gain: $3.25Highest gain: $2.75Lowest gain: $1.45ETC
  etc.down next day: 3Average Loss on down day: $0.25Highest
  loss on down day: 0.75lowest loss: $0.25etc etc.As you can see
  that after this particular pattern appears the oddsfavor holding at least
  2 days or whatever.  You can carry the statsout up to 5 days after
  the pattern to determine the average gain orloss following that
  pattern.What I would like to see is a template where you enter your
  patternand it generates the above stats.Hope this
  helps,Dominick
  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<BLOCKQUOTE
><FONT
  face="Courier New">---Outgoing mail is certified Virus
  Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.491
  / Virus Database: 290 - Release Date:
6/18/2003