RE: [amibroker] Re: DT... Relax

No,
no... there was no problem with that earlier equity curve as it was always my
own AFL.   Whenever I get AFL from someone else, I have to remember to
add the OI==0 clause to terminate any open trades when a stocks ceases
trading.  I simply forgot to add that bit on your AFL.   It's not
very often that I try AFL from other users.  I always add PositionSize,
AddToComposite and other statements.  Sometimes, due to age, I
forget.   That's all that happened in the case of your D_Sat
code.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
only "problem" with that 4/11 EMA equity curve is that the system put on 125
trades in three days with most of them doing very well over the next
month.  A nice problem to have.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Ok on
the Euro trading.  My futures trading operation in Denver trades about
4,000 lots of Euro futures, two turns a day.  So, I'm fairly familiar with
that contract.   I haven't tried trading it while sitting on a beach
in the Med or while fishing for marlin.   One day, my friend, I'll be
there and we can take in the sites.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 5:44
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  DT... RelaxOK, donīt forget to check also your
  previous 4,11 EMA equity curve and give us the corrected
  one...DT--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
  <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> DT,> > You can
  relax, I found the problem.   As you know, my database
  contains> extinct stocks.   I have to add one bit to
  every sell/cover statement:> > Sell = OI == 0 or (
  other sell logic goes
  here          );> >
  Otherwise, the profit/loss for the last trade of all extinct stocks shows
  up> on the equity curve on the last day of trading.> > My
  OI field contains the actual close.  It gets set to zero on the
  day> before trading ceased in the case of extinct
  stocks.   My extinct stocks are> also padded out to the
  current date so that AddToComposite works.> > All of the above
  was a round-a-bout way of saying that the huge one-day> profit was
  due to me not adding the requisite line of code to your AFL.>
  > CheerioSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.