RE: [amibroker] Re: Trendline with Degree output

As a genberal topic discussing relative moves of stock prices and trend
strengths
I prefer to use price unit per time period and through my investigation of
many charts I have found that this "slope" varies between different stocks,
and within a stock for the different price ranges. What might be normal
slope for one stock could be either fast or slow for another. The strength
of the move for a stock can also be dependant on the overall price
behaviour. An example would be that if there has been a considerable
accumulation pattern the initial move, when it does happen, will often be
fast and short lived. Then as the "traders" move out the investors will make
the moves and pace will slow down. These moves can be either direction.
I have set up a small line on my charts to give me what could be termed the
"average slope" for that stock in recent times. I can then place the gann
fan over this using the line as the 100% (1:1 line) and move the fan to the
recent turning point to provide a visual aid on the progression of the move.
This is in its own indicator chart panel for this purpose.

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia