[amibroker] Re: My favorite Copper contracts

Herman,
then, you know something better than my proposal and you should be
happy. You just forgot to mention it yesterday, when you were asking
for detailed codes ASAP.
Have you ever heard anything about the fair play ?
It would be more honest, yesterday, to say :I know (H+L)/2
use/statistics/performance and I search for something better.
Anyway, I was expecting more creative comments **on this experimental
attempt**, this would help us all improve our knowledge.
You may post your (h+l)/2 study separately and let the readers
compare. Their maturity level is high, in one way or another and we
may trust their criticism.
Until yesterday, AFAIK, we didnīt have *any* proposal for the next
bar Low. I posted my *experimental* attempt and now, all of a sudden,
we have two proposals : one fully exposed to any criticism, since AFL
codes are for the public and another one, with some hints for (H+L)/2
use, some verbal statistics and some "don't ask me how ..."
Fair play, Herman, fair play!!
With all my respect,
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello DT,
>
> I am trying to understand your code... if i understand your code
correctly
> then NextBarSupport is the predicted value for tomorrow's Low.
>
> To test other formulas I should then be able to assign another
value to
> NextBarSupport and, running an exploration, see the statistics for
this
> variable instead.
>
> Doing this and assign (H+L)/2 to NextBarSupport (see below in Red)
I get
> better stats than the RSI based values. Many 100% in the AMEX for
example. I
> think the reason is that you are really measuring volatility more
than
> anything else. For a low volatility stock the 2% column even sits
at 100%.
> This agrees with your observation that low volatility stocks do
netter.

> To rate the accuracy of the NextBarSupport prediction it should
perhaps
> include a Volatility term like ATR() or (H-L)... don't ask me how
to do
> that, I tried ...
>
> Herman.

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/062003/Abstra
cts_ne
> w/Siligardos/siligardos.html
>   2. Tomasz Janeczko, TASC June 2003

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/062003/Trader
sTips/
> TradersTips.html#amibroker2
>   3. Tomasz Janeczko
>   http://www.amibroker.com/members/traders/06-2003.html
>   3.Two older messages
>   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/2751
>   and
>   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/2758
>   The list began this discussion two years ago [June21, 2001]!!
>   4.The analytic AFL for RSI()
>   5. My unsuccessful efforts to create RSI Keltner channels though
the
> RSIHigh, RSILow
>   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/5476
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor