Re: [amibroker] Re: overhaul to AutoOpttools

Hi William,

Yes, since all the real work is done in the DLL, it would have to be
modified. I would need to add code to calculate your StochRSI for each
optimization step and then test them all to find the best one. But, the DLL
was written before TJ added looping ability to AFL - you can now do this
yourself for your own indicators right in AFL. I have pasted an example by
TJ below showing how to do this, and I added the plot statements to show how
you can plot the results.

Steve

Yes it is possible to perform optimization using for loop inside exploration
code:

Sample code follows, it runs optimization inside for loop and reports only
THE BEST
result. It should be run usign "EXPLORE". The code in fact runs several
backtests inside 'for' loop and notes the best result and best parameter
range.
bestequity = 0;
bestrange = 0;

// optimization loop

for( range = 12; range < 40; range ++ )
{

  Buy = Cross( Close, EMA( Close, range ) );

  Sell = Cross( EMA( Close, range ), Close );

 Le = LastValue( Equity() );

  if( Le > bestequity )
  {
   bestequity = Le;
   bestrange = range;
 }
}

range = bestrange;

Buy = Cross( Close, EMA( Close, range ) );

Sell = Cross( EMA( Close, range ), Close );

Filter = BarIndex() == BarCount - 1;

AddColumn( bestrange, "Best range" );

AddColumn( Equity(), "Best Equity" );

Plot( Equity(), "equity", colorRed, styleLine);
Plot( EMA( Close, range ), "Opt EMA", colorBlue,
styleLine|styleLeftAxisScale);
Plot( Close, "close", colorBrightGreen, styleLine|styleLeftAxisScale);