[amibroker] Re: Neat method to see fundamentals for QP2 Users:

<Another tip, most times I find that I can eye something better than
having a pure mathematical optimization.>

Steve,

Sorry to have reduced your reply to 'just' the above! But the above
statement differentiates me from many, many others.  Several years ago
I finally accepted the fact that I have no 'artistic' ability where it
concerns 'eyeballing' charts and trading upon my observations.

To use a metaphor... for me to watch a true 'artist' create a painting
from scratch, and then try to do the same myself is just an excercise
in futility.

Some people (including very close friends of mine) can look at stock
charts and can visualize trading systems which have a good probably of
working.

I cannot do that. Rather, I have to use 'brute force computing' to
backtest and absolutely verify that a trading methodology has a high
probability of working before I am able to enjoy any degree of success.

As a result, I am one of a few 'mechanical trading system purists'.

Since I have no artistic ability to recognize trade opportunities, I
rely totally upon pure mechanical trading methods. In short... I lack
creativiey and have done OK by establishing and following mechanical
rules.

Regards,

Phsst