RE: [amibroker] Breakout system code

Thanks Jose,MS... have been there ;-) I
think you left out some code in your post, could you verify it is all
there?1) Information on the Param() function are stored in the
broker.params file in your AmiBroker directory. If you delete
this file AB will create a new one and I presume if the statement order is
changed so will the Param() listing. However you will lose historical settings
from other Param() usage. You can email suggestions for improvement to <A
href=""><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , technical
support is different here :-))) here things get actually fixed and
good ideas are often implemented within days or weeks.

2) Not to my knowledge...
3) ?
4) Look up the AMA and AMA2 function, they can
duplicate the PREV(), you can also use AFL for-loops and various forms of
scripting.
I encourage you to browse the AB and Yahoo websites;
look at the many custom DLLs that have been developed by AB users. For example
if you load the the ABTools DLL you can create Persistent variables that will
preserve variables between AmiBroker sessions as well as lets you save/retrieve
various forms of data on disk. This goes far beyond the simple
PREV().
Welcome to the AmiBroker community and Good
luck!
Herman.
-----Original
Message-----From: Jose [<A
href="">mailto:josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx]Sent:
Wednesday, June 11, 2003 3:25 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] Breakout system codeI'm an old hand at MetaStock coding,
and I thought it's time to giveAFL a go.  I have to admit, AB leaves
MetaStock for dead...Anyway, here's my first AFL
effort:---8<----------------------/* plots breakout signals
*//* josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx *//* +1 signal=long, -1 signal=short
*/Title = "Breakout system";GraphXSpace = 10;pds1 =
Param("HHV breakout periods",10,1,252,1);pds2 = Param("LLV breakout
periods",10,1,252,1);x = Param("Op=1 Hi=2 Lo=3 Cl=4
Vol=5",4,1,5,1);delay = Param("Entry and Exit delay",0,0,3,1);display =
Param("signals=1 binary=2",1,1,2,1);x =
IIf(x==1,O,IIf(x==2,H,IIf(x==3,L,IIf(x==5,V,C))));In =
x>Ref(HHV(x,pds1),-1);Out = x<Ref(LLV(x,pds2),-1);Init =
Cum(In+Out>-1)==1;InInit = Cum(In)==1;Flag = BarsSince(Init OR
In)<BarsSince(Init OR Out)+InInit;In = (InInit AND Ref(InInit,1)==0) OR
(Flag AND Ref(Flag,-1)==0);Out = (Flag==0 AND
Ref(Flag,-1)==1)*-1;Plot(Ref(IIf(display==1,In+Out,Flag),-delay),---8<----------------------Can
anyone here help me with these Q's:1) Can I control the Parameters
(Ctrl-R) slider order?2) Is the Parameters dialog box resizable?3) Is
there a way to input variable periods into EMA's?4) Is there an equivalent
to MetaStock's Prev() function?I've got a million other questions, but
I'm sure this willsufficiently annoy enough for now.
:)Thanks,jose '-)<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm#metastock------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Get A Free Psychic
Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's Important Questions.<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check
group FAQ at: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/