Re: [amibroker] AB data base structure and speed (for Tomasz)

b,

My suggestion is : you should not worry too much about slow down.
You can put all "_" symbols into "unused" group and you will
be able to quickly filter it out via "exclude" filter in AA window.
Doing so will ensure that "_" symbols' data are not accessed at all
(because data required to filter out symbols are already
available in broker.master) therefore you won't see any slowdown at all.

By the way: even if there are more than 1000 files in single folder
the slowdown refers only to "OpenFile" call (relating to 'finding' the
file in the directory). It does not affect the speed at which given
file is read (once opened).  Therefore overall speed is not affected
that much and there is really no need to worry.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com