RE: [amibroker] Re: QP2 data and missing symbols

I have only had the problem a couple
of times but yes a retrieve worked for me....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
[mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 1:16
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
QP2 data and missing symbolsI think I did try a simple
retrieve once, but I can't be sure. I'lltry that next time.?4U... do
you routinely perform a retrieve in order to refresh the
QP2link?Phsst--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> PSST,> I am not sure why you
encounter the problem but have you tried to simply> retrieve rather than
deleting the DB?> > Regards,> Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: Phsst [mailto:phsst@xxxx]> Sent: Friday, June
06, 2003 11:53 AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
[amibroker] Re: QP2 data and missing symbols> > > > I
get  both IMCLE and NTE, Phsst.> > Just fixed the problem.
Periodically I have to delete my AB Data> subdirectory and then
re-establish the link to QP2. I have to do this> because I discover that
certain symbols don't appear in AB that appear> in QP2. Now IMCLE is
available in AB.> > Here is the procedure I use:> >
Exit AB> > Use Windows Explorer to delete the AB 'Data'
subdirectory> > Launch AB (You get a white window since there is
no longer a QP2linkage)> > Select:>
File>     Database
Settings>
Configure>         Retrieve to
rebuild pointers> > Do any QP2 users know why I encounter the
problem of missing symbols> in AB?> > Phsst>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jagow" <bjagow@xxxx>
wrote:> > I get  both IMCLE and NTE, Phsst.> > QP2
doesn't have OTC stocks and especially not the pink sheet> variety:
HLSH.PK per Yahoo.> >> > You can, of course, import them
into AB if you set the plug-in to> local storage.> >>
Phsst [mailto:phsst@xxxx]> > Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 8:04
PM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Subject: [amibroker]
Re: QP2 data and missing symbols> >> >> > I am a
QP2 user.> >> > On QP2 I get both IMCLE and NTE.>
>> > On AB I only get NTE... not IMCLE.> >> >
Another irregularity... my son is actively trading HealthSouth penny>
> stock, but I don't get HealthSouth charts thru QP2.> >>
> Phsst> >> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"boxtheory" <boxtheory@xxxx> wrote:> > >> > >
Hi, I am using QP2 as my data source. I noticed that a few tickers> >
> were missing when I tried to look it up on amibroker, but those>
> > tickers are available if I viewed it using qp2. Tickers such
as> > > imcle, nte. I then tried to add it (Symbol | New), but it
would> > > say "nte - chart not available - too few quotations".
How do I add> > > the missing symbols? Thanks for your
help.> > >> > >
Paul> >> >> >> > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
> >       Yahoo! Groups