[amibroker] Re: amiquote and two installations of amibroker

I don't have knowledge of Amiquote and specific problems in connection
with it that can arise when using multiple instances of
Amibroker. (I'm using a similar setup like Chuck Rademacher, ie. for
EoD quotes I maintain a Metastock EoD database structured by sector).

But as Thomas Z. raised the topic of running multiple instances of
Amibroker simultaneously, I want to comment on another issue:

First of all, it is not necessary to install Amibroker multiple times
in order to run multiple instances simultaneously.   After an
Amibroker instance is started, one can select the Amibroker-database
the specific Amibroker instance should use via the "File->Open
Database" menu function after the Amibroker instance has been
started.

And this brings us to the reason why I'm posting now.

I don't know whether it is possible already to specify the Amibroker
database to be used via a command line option when Amibroker is
started.

If so, it would allow to create different shortcuts (icons) on the
windows desktop. For example, one shortcut for starting Amibroker with
an EoD database, and another shortcut for starting Amibroker with a
realtime database.

It would become more convenient to use Amibroker with different
databases, because the database to be used by Amibroker could be
specified already at startup time instead of being chosen manually
via the "File->Open Database" menu function.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "larypowell" <larypowell@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thomas, I just read your note again.  My EOD is from TC2000.  But
the procedure should be the same.