From: Graham [mailto:gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 11:05 AM
To: AB yahoo group
Subject: [amibroker] AA range settings

I am currently checking the use using “n last quaotations” and “n last days”
in the AA window and I am not certain if they are different.
With padded data, ie no zero trade holes, then it should make absolutely no
difference as every weekday is filled in.
But with unpadded data, ie zero trade days are excluded,  I expected there
to be a difference. But I have done a quick check using datenum() to make it
easy and with 5 days and 5 quotations the results were the same for each,
even if some days were not included.
An example
Today = 1030527
5 days ago 1030520
If a day was not included both runs gave the same day, eg 1030519 if one day
no there.
I would have expected that using 5 quotations would give me the 1030519, but
5 days would have been 1030520 as this is 5 trading days ago regardless of
whether that stock traded or not during that period.
Am I doing something wrong, can anyone advise me before I check with Tomasz
and possibly waste his time.

What I used was very simple
Filter=1;
AddColumn(DateNum(),"today",1);
AddColumn(Ref(DateNum(),-5),"5 period",1);

Cheers,
Graham
http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia