[amibroker] Re: Bugged out (1) - RANK()

Thanks for the tips.  I have read the Users Guide twice and have
searched it for specifics often.  The ROC() is a useful funtion, but
right now will not be of much use.  My problem biggest problem has
been my inability to compare one ticker to another, or more
specifically one ticker's volume to the volume of all other tickers
in a market.  This seems to be the essential aspect to creating a
ranking of stocks, as per volume, change in price, ROC(), or
whatever.  There doesn't seem to be a function like say RANK(), the
parameters of which might be: "Ticker for
comparison," "Group/Market/Watchlist for comparing," "Array to
compare"

There, of course, could be many variations on a function such as this
and I haven't thought them through - but it would be useful.

It would allow for the creation of Composite Tickers based on such
popular measures as Most Active per Volume, per percentage change,
per percentage increase in volume, etc.

Thankyou for your time,
-Rich

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Udo.Harke@xxxx wrote:
> Rich,
>
> maybe you should devise a selection of those particular stocks
based on the AFL library function ROC() by comparing today's progress
( > 0) versus the preceding day's change of price (> 0 too) expressed
as percentage?

> Some information about this function is also contained in the
User's Guide which is a companion product issued with AmiBroker!

> Best regards,
>
> Udo

I'll
>   get more practice with something easier and hopefully be able to
do
>   this later.
>   All the best,
>   Rich