[amibroker] Re: Date range problem....

Hi,

I appreciate all the helpful suggestions but I still don't have a
solution to this - what appeared to be - a simple problem. I am
puzzled as to why I am not able to do in code what I can do perfectly
well using the AA RAnge Control.

I am using the Optimize function and the setting No Trade List to
scan through a number of years. This displays the % gain/loss for
each individual year in the backtest and this is why I need to do
this in code rather than use the Range Control.

The following afl is for illustrative purposes only:

bz=Cross(EMA(C,5),MA(C,20));
sz=Cross(MA(C,20),EMA(C,5));
Buy=bz; Sell=sz;
Short=Sell; Cover=Buy;

Using QQQ and setting the Range Control from 1/1/1998 to 12/31/1998
generates 20 trades, the last one of which shows an exit date of
12/31/98 for the open trade, and the gain is correctly calculated for
1998 only.

The following is my attempt to duplicate the action of the Range
Control in code:

bz=Cross(EMA(C,5),MA(C,20));
sz=Cross(MA(C,20),EMA(C,5));
Buy=bz AND Year()==1998;
Sell=sz AND Year()==1998;
Short=Sell; Cover=Buy;

Running this code with All Quotations selected for the range displays
the same 20 trades, but the last open trade has the exit date
5/23/2003 and the % Gain/Loss for 1998 is no longer shown correctly.

My code is clearly incorrect, but how should this be coded so that
it produces then same result as the Range Control.

Keith

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jagow" <bjagow@xxxx> wrote:
> Keith,
> I don't see a problem with Sell=Cond AND Year()==1998 giving  (Open
Long) 10/23/98 to 5/23/03.

> Cond was clearly not met per your range result [(Open Long)
10/23/98 to 12/31/98].

amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/GHeqlB/TM