Re: [amibroker] Re: Correct symbol for the Euro vs. the US Dollar?

Dimitris,

1. Currencies are great for day traders, liquidity is much much better
than on anything else.  From your posts however I think that you
prefer mid and long term.

2. There is no inaccuracy in Equity(). It is simply your formula that
does not take into consideration all things that Equity does.
Generally speaking equity calculates as follows:
Equity( this_bar ) = Equity( entry_bar ) + Profit_Since_Entry;
Profit_Since_Entry = NumShares * ( SellShortPrice - BuyCoverPrice ) - Commission + InterestRateFromRemainingCapital;

SellShortPrice is exit price for longs but entry price for shorts
BuyCoverPrice is entry price for longs but exit price for shorts.

As you can see it is not as simple as yours  C - Ref( Close, -barssinceentry )

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com