[amibroker] Re: Referencing future?

Markus,
valuewhen and exrem may refer to the future in many ways.
a. valuewhen(EXPRESSION, ARRAY, n = 1)
>From the description we read:
"Note: this function allows also 0 and negative values for n - this
enables referencing future."
The function may also refer to the future when the EXPRESSION does.
Example valuewhen(Peakbars(H,5)==0,macd(),1)
b. exrem( ARRAY1, ARRAY2 ) may also refer to the future because of
ARRAY1 or ARRAY2.
Example:
In exrem(zig(H,5)>C,zig(L,5)<C), the excessive signals will be
removed, but both zig conditions refer to the future.
In complicated expressions it is easy to loose the control and, above
all, you should avoid get any trading results as realistic [some
times they are ...attractive, but...]
Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "IVA GmbH" <funnybiz@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > as far as I know, many AFL commands such as Ref() are designed to
> look into the future if needed.
> >
> > Does anybody know if functions like Valuewhen, Exrem and all the
> high/low functions(hhv,llv, highestbars, highestsincebars et.) can
> also do that?
> >
> > I understand one shouldnŽt reference future quotes for TRADING.
IŽd

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM