From: John Larsson [mailto:brygghuset@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 1:26 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: amibroker e-signal backfil only a few days

Thanks a lot Jayson! It works now. I set "bars to load" at a high
number. But I have run into an other message that presents a
potential problem that I have seen no answer to. In message 40483, by
Ken Close, it is stated that the program might work on a FIFO basis.
Can anyone confirm this? I'd like the program to keep all my data and
not delete any old data before I tell it to! I'm using Amibroker to
build a database that I might want to use in other applications as
well, and surely it would disturb me if I find the program to delete
data without me knowing about it.

John

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Be sure you have the "bars to load" settings set large enough to
collect the
> back data . Keep in mind that larger timeframes are simply made up
of
> calculations of the smallest timeframe you collect. Example if you
collect 1
> min bars it takes 60 of them to collect 1 single 60 min bar....
>
> If a ticker does not seem to fill properly and the above has been
checked
> then try RT click on the Esignal plug in indicator (green in the
lower right
> of the AB window) and choose "Fix up History for current symbol".
If all
> else fails try closing the offending chart then opening a new
window to load
> the ticker...
>
> Regards,
> Jayson