RE: [amibroker] Re: amibroker e-signal backfil only a few days

Be
sure you have the "bars to load" settings set large enough to collect the back
data . Keep in mind that larger timeframes are simply made up of calculations of
the smallest timeframe you collect. Example if you collect 1 min bars it takes
60 of them to collect 1 single 60 min bar....
<SPAN
class=103031214-22052003>
If a
ticker does not seem to fill properly and the above has been checked then try RT
click on the Esignal plug in indicator (green in the lower right of the AB
window) and choose "Fix up History for current symbol". If all else fails try
closing the offending chart then opening a new window to load the
ticker...

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: John Larsson
[mailto:brygghuset@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 10:08
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
amibroker e-signal backfil only a few daysHi, I have
been struggling with this for a couple of days. It simply seems impossible
to get it to backfill with all available historical data. When using the
sSignal interface you can see that data is available. Maybe a
setting is needed in Amibroker to transmit to eSignal the desired data
length, and if this is not transmitted the behaviour defaults to a couple of
days?John--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Zmuck
<thomas.zm@xxxx> wrote:> Hi Jayson,> > i use 5 min
interval, but i see also on the bottom title bar that no> more quotes are
downloading.> > I have also ADSL, so from internet connection it
should be no problem.> > I have also created a new
test-database with only 2 tickers to be sure> that no other quotes
are downloaded in the background.> Than one ticker was downloaded
completely and for the other one i> received only three days.>
> On Esignal software i received for this ticker instantly the 60
days> > Thomas> > > > On Tue, 20 May
2003 13:18:08 -0400> "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
> > Thomas,> > what is your base periodicity? example 1 min,
5 min or EOD? If you are collecting 1 min then wanting to view an EOD chart
then you need a huge number of" bars to load" to see any significant EOD
history. If you are scrolling through a list of chart you will also see
a delay at times while esignal "catches up"> > > >
Regards,> > Jayson > > -----Original Message----->
20, 2003 12:54 PM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
Subject: [amibroker] amibroker e-signal backfil only a few days> >
i still have problems to backfill my intraday charts.> > Mostly i
receive only a few days data, also when i create a completely> >
new database with one ticker for example, while i receive the
completly> > history for some other tickers.> > >
> The only thing that i have seen now is that in Esignal-software by>
> default i receive also only a few days history, but there i can
set> > under preferences up to 60 days and than i have the
history.> > Unfortunately only in esignal.> > > >
Maybe this gives you a idea where the reason can be.> > > >
Thanks for any tip to try !> > > > -- > > Thomas
Zmuck <thomas.zm@xxxx>> > www.tradingbasis.com> >
bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
Terms of Service. > > > > Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor      > > > > Send BUG