RE: [amibroker] Re: Beta function added to AmiBroker Library

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Thanks, Stephane.   Yes, your code is simpler and I will
replace function to include your code and give credit to you in
comments.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I did
check and both methods give the same answer and take approximately the same
amount of time, but yours is more concise.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
still think that it is better to call a function with a meaningful name (beta)
than to have a bunch of ROC instructions in my main program.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Of
course, with AB, it is possible for users to use either
method.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Cheers
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Stephane Carrasset
  [mailto:nenapacwanfr@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 6:35
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Beta function added to AmiBroker
  LibraryHello,what # with the pure afl code of
  beta?Beta=(( Periods * Sum(ROC( C,1) * ROC(P,1),Periods )) -
  (Sum(ROC(C,1),Periods) * Sum(ROC( P,1),Periods))) / ((Periods *
  Sum((ROC(P,1)^2 ),Periods)) - (Sum(ROC(P,1 ),Periods)^2 ));>
  > From: Marek Chlopek [mailto:mchlopek@xxxx]> > Subject: RE:
  [amibroker] Beta function added to AmiBroker Library> > > ...
  using pure AFL functions.> > "pure AFL function" term is not
  accurate - I wanted to say using combination> of correlation() and
  stdev() functions.> > Of course, your code is also "pure AFL".
  Sorry.> > Regards,> MarekSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.