From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 2:33:06 AM
To: amibroker tips
Cc: jeff davis
Subject: [amibroker] RELATIVE STRENGTH INDICATOR

I found the below coding in the AFL library posted by GOLDFREAZ.  I like the
concept of being able to quickly find which sectors have the strongest
relative strength.  I am using version 6.0.28 of internet explorer, and
XPpro operating system.  According to what I read in Amibroker help
regarding vbscript, this code should work for me, but it doesn't.  I will
appreciate any assistance on what I am apparently doing wrong.  Maybe by now
 someone has different ideas on how to code for this.  If so , I would like
to hear your comments.  Thanks in advance.  Ron D

/* Relaive Strength Indicator */
EnableScript("vbscript");
sid=SectorID(1);
<%
Select Case AFL.var("sid")
Case "Healthcare"
Afl.var("sector")="~drug"
Case "Financial"
Afl.var("sector")="~bank"
Case "Technology"
Afl.var("sector")="~techy"
Case "Basic Materials"
Afl.var("sector")="~raw"
Case else
Afl.var("sector")="~market"
end select
%>

/* Rate of Change */
xp=0.1*(4.0*(O+C)+H+L);
Chan=EMA(ROC(xp,1),2);
Schan=Foreign(sector,"C",1)/Foreign(sector,"V",1);
RS=EMA((Chan-Schan),19);

Mchan=Foreign("~market","C",1)/Foreign("~market","V",1);
RM=EMA((Chan-Mchan),19);

Graph0=RS;Graph0Style=1;Graph0Color=7;
Graph1=RM; Graph1Style=1; Graph1Color=17;

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/GHeqlB/TM