RE: [amibroker] Color coding of bars

<SPAN
class=418354904-19052003>"Note: In
Preferences->Charting->Candlesticks, I've set the option "Body Outline
and shadows" to true, which is exactly the mode I'm used to from
Metastock."
<SPAN
class=418354904-19052003>
<FONT
color=#0000ff><SPAN
class=418354904-19052003>Wolfgang,
<FONT
color=#0000ff>set the
preferences to Body outline and shadows" = None and you will be a happy
camper.......

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: global_investor
[mailto:independent_opinion@xxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 8:24
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Color
coding of barsHello,I just began evaluating the
trial version of Amibroker.      I've been a user
of Metastock since 3 years and am interested in Amibroker for a couple of
reasons, notably the fact that Amibroker's external API isn't kept largely
secret as Equis does with Metastock and because Amibroker is more reasonably
priced than Metastock.In my first steps with Amibroker I tried to
emulate Metastock's expert advisor feature with which one can color
bars/candles according to user defined criteria.For example, (just
for testing purposes), I'd like to implement a simple color coder which
colors a bar- blue if C>Ref( HHV(H ,3),-1)- red if L<Ref(
LLV(L ,3 ),-1)- black if neither of the above criteria is metI
implemented this in AFL as follows:up=C>Ref( HHV(H ,3 )
,-1);dn=L<Ref( LLV(L ,3 ) ,-1);color=IIf(up, colorBlue, IIf(dn,
colorRed, colorBlack));Graph0BarColor=color;
Graph0=C;Graph0Style=styleCandle;Instead of the assignments to
GraphNxxx, I first usedthe plot()-function, but got the same
result.Plot( Close, "Price", color, styleCandle );Above
color coder works well with bar charts, but with candlestick charts it
colors only the outline of the candle in red while filling the body of
candles always in black.If a candle has a filled rather than hollow
body, it should be filled in the same color as the outline of the candle is
drawn in.Note: In Preferences->Charting->Candlesticks, I've set
the option "Body Outline and shadows" to true, which is exactly the mode I'm
used to from Metastock.Is there a way in AFL to set the color used
for filling the body of a candle?   Or is it only possible in AFL
to set the color in which the outline of the candle is to be
drawn?This color coding is one of the killer criteria which mustbe
met as to my decision whether or not to purchase
Amibroker.regards,Wolfgang (Germany)Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.