RE: [amibroker] Re: I'm on the ledge an I swear I'm going to JUMP!

Yes
you did and thanks!!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Fred
  [mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 4:41
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  I'm on the ledge an I swear I'm going to
  JUMP!TJ,I got him on track off line
  ...--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
  <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> MessageDale,> > Let's
  start with reading manual:> Max. system % drawdown: The largest
  percentage distance between equity peak value and the following trough
  value experienced by the system > > In other words it is max
  PEAK-TROUGH % distance experienced by the system. For longs Peak is
  calculated from High, trough is calculated from Low (I think this is
  obvious).> > As it was already explained on this list if you use
  "worst case" then draw down calculations use H-L prices from the entry bar
  to the exit bar (including those bars).> In your case the highest
  high since entry happens on 4/15/2003 (37.42) and since this is the last
  bar of the trade the after-peak trough is the low of the same bar>
  (this is a worst-case assumption, since EOD bar does not have any timing
  information about if low happened before or after the high, the worst case
  is assumed> (low after high)) so the low is 35.15 (also on 4/15/2003 ).
  The difference between peak and trough after peak is = - 2,27 , in
  percents since peak this is = -6.07%> and this is what is reported
  in the report. Note that worst case setting includes exit H-L range even
  if you exit on open because there is no timing information in sell rule.
  This does not happen when you use other drawdown settings (use open or use
  close). So it would be probably> easier to understand if you set
  'Base drawdowns on open price'.>  > Best regards,>
  Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.com>   ----- Original
  Message ----- >   From: dingo >   To:
  _amibroker_yahoo >   Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 7:45
  PM>   Subject: [amibroker] I'm on the ledge an I swear I'm
  going to JUMP!> > >   I need some
  help!  I'm trying to take the part of the help file that Tomasz
  posted for me and translate that into an example for calculating Max
  Drawdown percentage.> >    >
  >   My settings are Delay 1, Open and Worst Case for
  drawdowns and I am still having a stupidly difficult time understanding
  how to calculate it.  The help file states: (and I have read it many
  times) "To calculate the dip you can use the worst case scenario: low
  price for long trades and high price for short trades".>
  >    > >   Using the example of
  the "long" below the problem I'm having is not with the Low price but the
  other price - what is the other price? The documentation leaves this part
  out.  Is it the original open price? Is it the highest open
  price?  Is it the highest high price? Is it the price of tea in
  China?> >    > >

  Ticker>
  Date/Time>

  Sell>
  Short>
  Cover>
  Open>

  High>
  Close>
  Shares>
  Equity>
  Profit>

  04/10/2003>
  1>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  34.84>
  34.29>
  34.85>
  34.45>
  289.939>
  10,000.00>

  04/11/2003>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  34.49>
  34.20>
  34.90>
  34.47>

  10,000.00>
  0.00>

  04/14/2003>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  34.47>
  34.47>
  35.50>
  35.36>

  9,994.20>
  -5.80>

  04/15/2003>
  0>
  1>
  0>
  0>
  35.25>
  35.15>
  37.42>
  37.42>

  10,220.35>
  220.35>

  04/16/2003>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  0>
  37.59>
  36.62>
  37.66>
  36.75>

  10,898.81>
  898.81>

  ^>

  >         System
  drawdown:>
  -84.08>

  >         Max. system
  drawdown:>
  -658.16>

  >        From
  Exploration>

  >         Max. system %
  drawdown:>
  -6.07%>        <-- From Back test
  Report>

  >         Max. trade
  drawdown:>
  -658.16>

  >        From back test
  Run>
  >

  >         Max. trade %
  drawdown:>
  -6.07%>

  >         Trade
  drawdown:>
  -84.08>

  v>

  Ticker>
  Trade>
  Date>
  Price>        Ex.
  date>        Ex.
  Price>        %
  chg.>
  Profit>        %
  Profit>
  Shares>        Position
  value>        Cum.
  Profit>        #
  bars>
  Profit/bar>

  Long>
  04/11/2003>
  34.49>
  04/16/2003>
  37.59>
  9.00%>
  898.81>
  9.00%>
  289.939>
  10000>
  898.811>
  4>
  2.25%>        >
  >    > >   Thanks for you
  continued help for a confused old man!> >
  > >   d> >    >
  > >         Yahoo!
  Groups Sponsor

  ADVERTISEMENT>