Re: [amibroker] Re: Exploration Question

Mark,

Try this in AA...click explore

//Sample trading system
Buy=Cross(C,MA(C,28));
Sell=Cross(MA(C,28),C);
Short=Sell;
Cover=Buy;
/**********************************/
islong=Flip(Buy,Sell);
x=BarsSince(Buy);
y=BarsSince(Sell);
Filter=1;
AddColumn(IIf(islong,76,83),"CurrentPosition", formatChar);
AddColumn(IIf(islong,x,y),"Bars");
This is in from Tomasz,

By design WriteIf always returns text corresponding to LAST VALUE.
Instead you should use +1 for long or -1 for short and regular AddColumn.
The other solution is to use single characters:
L for Long
S for Short
using ASCII codes of L (76) and S (83) letters and formatChar:

 Hope this helps.
Anthony