[amibroker] Re: Metastock/Quotetracker Data for Amibroker

Graham,

For your 2 database system to work both databases must be the same
(for indicators to be meaningful etc.).

1. How did you get the main price data into your QT database to
start (using Metastock plugin initially?).
2. How do you reconcile the two at the end of the day, particularly
if you haven't had the QT version running throughout the trading day?
I guess your Metastock db is updated as normal, but doesn't your QT
db grow more different, due to small errors, over time?

I did read the thread about using two 'copies' of AB.

Thanks,

Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> I have 2 databases for intraday(QT plugin) and EOD(MS plugin)
> The intraday can mess up the eod database.
> So no need to change anything except select which database to run
> Due to probs with losing changes to my indicator window panels
when running
> 2 instances of AB from the one instal, I now have 2 installs of AB
in
> separate directories for intraday and other for EOD. I emailed the
group
> about this this week
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

It
> took me a
> > while to understand how to correctly set up AB and QT. I use the
> AB internal
> > database to store the intraday data feed from QT program.
> > It works great reading MS database for the EOD data. I do this
as
> my data
> > supplier can provide it in MS format.
> > I believe the trial version does not save any data, however you
> can load the
> > data and trial it, but cannot save it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Graham