[amibroker] Re: Scoring and Ranking System example using ABtool

Uenal,

I understand the functionality of Table Export/Import, but for
example in running an AA back test or optimization across multiple
symbols my understanding is that AB clears the contents of virtually
everything between one symbol and the next and it would be usefull to
be able to some how have persistancy in tables as opposed to having
to export them at the end of processing for one sysmbol and then
importing them again at the beginning of processing of the next
symbol.

On another topic, I know this can be done externally using OLE
Automation etc., but it would be usefull to be able to get at all
the "settings" information that AA has, a lot of which can not be
gotten with a STATUS("xxx") type command from within an AA.

Fred

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Fred,
> the functions xxTableExportBinary(), xxTableImportBinary(), and
> their ASCII versions xxTableExport() and the new xxTableImport()
> are possibilities for making the tables persistent: just save
before quitting
> and load after starting. This also could be automated. If there is
demand
> for this le me know.
> As stated in my Todo list there is another point with an extension
DB.
> The persistent variables will be automatically saved/loaded.
Unfortunately
> they are delayed due to the Sort bug introduced in the last version.
> FYI: a bugfixed version was uploaded.
> UM

ABtool

> > Uenal,
> >
> > Is the implication here that things like ABTool tables could be
made
> > to be persistant ?
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, uenal.mutlu@xxxx wrote:
> > > Here is a sample code on how to use the Ticker and Table
> > > functions of the ABtool plugin to realize Systems based on
> > > Scoring and Ranking.
> > > Attached is the AFL program code ("xx_Sorting_And_Ranking.afl")
> > >

> > > Some other info on ABtool:
> > >
> > > - ABtool documentation bug:
> > >   TableSortDefDeleteAll() was renamed to TableSortDefDelAll()
> > >   Just forgot to update the dox :-( In the next version it will
be
> > fixed.
> > >
> > > - Persistent AFL variables:
> > >   The next version of ABtool will have global and persistent
AFL
> > >   variables implemented. Persistent means "always available";
ie.
> > they
> > >   got saved and restored automatically. The user can save
copies of
> > >   single number variables and string variables in persistent
area,
> > and
> > >   recall them whenever he/she likes. Each variable is
identified by
> > >   unique name the user gives the variable. So, this is like the
> > environment
> > >   variables, but env vars are limited to string type only and
are
> > limited
> > >   by size and the number of envvars by the operating system.
The