[amibroker] Re: Plotting a moving average for a fixed number of day

 I assume you mean Null and not zero, which would occur only when four future bars are not available.  In this case try, Iif(IsNull("Your variable name"),"Data Unavailable",WriteVal("Your variable name")); If you mean the zero values, the best I can offer is to replace the zero in the Iif() statement to something static or dynamic which you'll easily recognize when reading the data. P.s.  I am glad to have found someone who is nearly as new to this as myself.  Many of the posts by others have a boggling effect on my mind.  When you get acclimated watch for my posts so I don't waste the time of the experts.--- On Mon 05/12, epintoem < epintoem@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: epintoem [mailto: epintoem@xxxxxxxxx]To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDate: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:20:10 -0000Subject: <
 /B>[amibroker] Re: Plotting a moving average for a fixed number of dayThanks for your help...However it also plots the null values which Idont want appearing in my chart...any ideas on that?--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "richard" wrote:>  "Your Variable Name" =Iif(Ref(L,-4)&gt;Ref(LLV(L,12),-5),Ref(MA(L,4),4),0);-Notice: You'recondition is whether the Low of four days ago is greater than theLowest Low Value of the Low array for the prior 12 days (hence the -4,and the -5).  If True your array gets stored with a simple MA of theLow array for the four future days.  You could very easily change thisto an EMA or change the periods it is applied to so long as the Ref()function is extended +4 days (or periods) I haven't tested this so itmay have an error, but it should provide you with the value you want.When your conditions aren't met you'll get a zero reading.  Thisvalue can be plott
 ed however you like, eg. as a line, in the title,etc.  Of course, if this event occurs less than 4 days ago you won'thave enough data to create a value since you are "looking forward," soto speak. I have a feeling this isn't exactly what you had in mind...more can be done with the If...Else function I am sure but I have >  yet to learn to use If...Else.--- On Mon 05/12, epintoem &lt;epintoem@xxxx &gt; wrote:From: epintoem [mailto: epintoem@xxxx]To:amibroker@xxxx: Mon, 12 May 2003 23:14:45 -0000Subject: [amibroker]Plotting a moving average for a fixed number of dayCondition : If thelow is higher than the lows of the previous 12days. I want to plot amoving average of the lows for the next 4 days....HOw can one dothat?Thanks RLB for your help with coloring bars, also Anthony.TIAJoin Excite! - http://www.excit
 e.comThe most personalized portal on the Web!