[amibroker] Composites Update without scan( was Re: Relative Indicator Values)

Tomasz,
We have had a dialogue some time ago [unfortunately I do not remember
the ref].
I asked you if we shall update composites without scan someday and
your reply was like "I don΄t know if we reach this..."
I think my basic thought is correct, if you agree, give a hand for a
more elegant way to implement it.
The step is great when we use Composites as decision making tools and
may offer an almost realistic "Sell at Close".
Sometimes I have to scan again and again the last 20min to be sure
for the valuable MeanIndicator cross [or not !!]
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> An interesting side effect of
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/40042
> is that we may calculate MeanIndicators without AddToComposite()
use.
> [...]
>
> MeanADX=(ADX0+ADX1+ADX2)/3;
>

> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Tomasz,
> > My intention was to present an [interesting IMO] AddToComposite()
> > application, to show  "what can be done".
> > I did not claim it was the shortest way to Rome.
> > BTW, in your code you need the analytic definition of Stochastic
> > functions .
> > [do you consider it easily available to a user ? I love the
> > definitions but, many messages in this list will not agree]
> > I am not sure if people have an easy reference to the analytic
> > definition for ANY AFL built-in function.
> > Just some examples : accdist(), adx( ), chaikin(  ), mfi( ).
> > Much more, who knows if adx(), for example, is a function of C or
> > or L or V or a combination ?
> > You also suppose a user familiar to T/A anlytic expressions, ie
an
> > advanced user.
> > [I do not have the same experience from the messages of this list]
> > And, of course, I knew a quite simple solution without
> AddToComposite
> > () or Function() or analytic definition use before posting
> > this contribution.
> > Just replace all HLCV arrays, redefine them at the end and thatīs
> it.
> > H1=H;L1=L;C1=C;V1=V;
> > N="^NDX";H=Foreign(N,"H");L=Foreign(N,"L");C=Foreign(N,"C");
> > StochDNDX=StochD();
> > N="MSFT";H=Foreign(N,"H");L=Foreign(N,"L");C=Foreign(N,"C");
> > StochDMSFT=StochD();
> > N="INTC";H=Foreign(N,"H");L=Foreign(N,"L");C=Foreign(N,"C");
> > StochDINTC=StochD();
> > Plot(StochDNDX,"^NDX",4,1);Plot(StochDMSFT,"MSFT",1,1);Plot
> > (StochDINTC,"INTC",2,1);
> > H=H1;L=L1;C=C1;V=V1;
> > Plot(StochD(),Name(),7,2);
> > Thank you for the interesting Function() example.
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
> <amibroker@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Much easier to use (not requiring any pre-scan) and less
resource
> > consuming is
> > > ( AB 4.33 or higher )
> > >
> > > function ForeignStochD( symbol, Kperiod, Dperiod )
> > > {
> > >  FC = Foreign( symbol, "C" );
> > >  FH = Foreign( symbol, "H" );
> > >  FL = Foreign( symbol, "L" );
> > >
> > >  FASTSTOCHK = 100*(FC-LLV(FC,kPeriod))/(HHV(FH,kPeriod)-LLV
> > (FL,kPeriod));
> > >  SLOWSTOCHK = MA( FastStochK, Dperiod );
> > >  SLOWSTOCHD = MA( SLOWSTOCHK, Dperiod );
> > >  return SLOWSTOCHD;
> > > }
> > >
> > > Plot( ForeignStochD( "MSFT", 14, 3 ), "Stoch MSFT", colorRed );
> > >
> > > Plot( ForeignStochD( "IBM", 14, 3 ), "Stoch MSFT", colorBlue );
> > >
> > > Plot( ForeignStochD( "AAPL", 14, 3 ), "Stoch MSFT",
colorGreen );

> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko
> > > amibroker.com