[amibroker] Re: Interpretation (WasGuru commentary)

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Interpretation (WasGuru commentary)
  • From: "Keith Bennett" <kbennett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 08:23:02 -0700

Thank you Tomasz for the further explanation.

I have one further observation or problem.

In the interpretation text following "//--Indicator-End--" I can't
find a way to edit any highlighted reserved words (if, for, while,
and, or). For example I can't change "for tomorrow" into "For
tomorrow". Am I overlooking something or is it just not possible to
edit these words?

Keith

> Keith,
>
> Commentarly linked to indicator is called "interpretation" and
> it should be placed after indicator code (using Indicator Builder)
> as described in another tutorial:
>
> Tutorial: Using interpretation window
> Note: Please read How to write your own chart commentary article
before proceeding.

> Interpretation window (View->Interpretation) shows chart-sensitive
commentaries. To add a interpretation just use Indicator builder and
add commentary code after the code for the indicator. Please note
that to get the best performance you should use the following
optimization hint: after your indicator code and before commentary
code you should add the following line:

> //--Indicator-End-- ( two slashes (comment start), two dashes,
Indicator-End and two dashes ). When the parser is evaluating the
formula in the "indicator" mode it stops there, so commentary code is
not executed and it saves time. When parser is in other modes -
entire formula is parsed/executed.

> Example:
>
> Plot( Close, "Price", -1, 64 ); Plot( SAR( Prefs( 50 ), Prefs(
51 ) ), "SAR",-17, 8+16 ); //--Indicator-End--"The Parabolic SAR
provides excellent exit points. ";
> "You should Close long positions when the price falls below
> the SAR AND Close Short positions when the price rises above the
SAR.";
> WriteIF( graph1 > Close, "SAR is above close", "SAR is below
close" );

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com