Re: [amibroker] The #include re-read work-around ... Stopped working !

Salil,

Re: most important point #9:

>9) Most important, you get to be in the environment that you are
>    most comfortable with. (Be it 'vi' or 'emacs'
or 'TextPad' or 'ConText' or ....)

Especially 'vi' and 'emacs' must be most preferred editors
among AmiBroker users, ROTFL :-))))

Re: RCS
Source control is used for CO-OPERATION in developer group
to manage 'reserving' (checking out)
and 'submission modified code' (checking-in) <FONT
size=2>formulas so multiple developers know who works
on which part of bigger project.
Using it by single person makes very little
sense.

To summarise:
if you really want you can write any editor you wish (vi
for example if you are Unix evangelist),
but I am thinking towards MAJORITY of <FONT
size=2>users that need built-in editor,
auto hi-lite, context help, auto-complete and parameter info,
the features
not provided by external editors.

Bottom line: I have my to-do list full of features that
99% of users would highly appreciate
(like recently introduced AFL improvements, portfolio
backtesting, more plugins (IB for example),
etc) that I am far from implementing
features that only 1% (or less) of users would use.

Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE