[amibroker] Re: Plot order when adding a new line to inbuilt indicators

Hi Anthony
Thanks for that - good example of lateral thinking.

Please confirm if I have this correct -

1. A new plot added to an inbuilt indicator always overwrites the
inbuilt indicator.

2. The additional plots added then plot with the first one on top
unless "GraphZorder = 1" is added.

So the following works but doubles up the original plot -
Trigger = MA(Trix(),9);
Plot(Trix(),"",colorBlue,styleLine|styleNoLabel);
Plot(Trigger,"",colorPink,styleLine|styleNoLabel);

In this case I should either rewrite as a new custom indicator or
have the "Use Formula Only" box checked otherwise there is an
unnecessary lowering of performance.

Regards
Anthony

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Anthony,
>
> I am using the built-in TRIX indicator as an example...which
indicator are
> you using....anyway
> does this example help...when the two lines cross the built-in
color is
> dominant.
>
> Plot(MA(Trix(),9),"",IIf(Cross(MA(Trix(),9),Trix())OR Cross(Trix
(),MA(Trix()
> 9)),colorRed,colorWhite),styleLine);
>
> //--Indicator-End-- -- do not remove this line
> range = Prefs( 26 );
> _N( ranstr = "("+WriteVal( range, 1.0 )+")" );
> Plot( Trix(range), "TRIX"+ranstr, -8 );
>
> "(Interpretation is not available yet)";
>
> Anthony

Service.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx