RE: [amibroker] The #include re-read work-around ... Stopped working !

I'm
doing the same thing as you (changing the included code) but its during a cycle
of optimization and exploration where I load in different formulae. Try either
a: reloading the formula and if that doesn't work. b: Load in  a different,
small formula and then re-load your actual formula - it is very
fast.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Salil V Gangal
  [mailto:salil_gangal@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 10:25
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  The #include re-read work-around ... Stopped working !

  Tomasz,

  As I wrote below ===> For every
  execution I was adding a space in the script containing #include
  statement.  But after about 15 to 20 times, not matter
  how many spaces I added, no matter how many trivial _N("Hello
  World!"); I added, the #include file was not getting re-read
  from the disk.

  Once I even changed the name of the #include to a non-existing
  file.  Quite correctly AmiBroker did not include the
  non-existing  #include file.  Immediately afterwards I changed the
  #include file name to existing file, but still AmiBroker did not re-read the
  #include file.

  BTW, I understand why AmiBroker avoids re-reading.  However, using
  external programmers' editors for code development, rather than
  using AmiBroker's internal editor has its own advantages, evenif such
  development and subsequent inclusion of this code in AmiBroker via
  #include goes against the idea of the intended use of #include from
  AmiBroker's perspective.

  (ORACLE's SQL*Plus has a nice built-in work-around.  It has facility
  where the developer can set text editor to any one that's
  installed.  ORACLE invokes this editor in edit mode and re-reads the
  edited code in execution mode.)

  Regards,

  - Salil V
  GangalTomasz Janeczko
  <amibroker@xxxxxx> wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    Salil,

    You must CHANGE the formula in AA. If you add a space and
    delete it immediatelly afterwards - in fact there is NO CHANGE.
    So use either one action or another but not
    both!

    Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
    <BLOCKQUOTE