RE: [amibroker] Relative Indicator Values

Thanks
Peter for the link. I will have to catch up on the thread as I do not
immediately see how this function can be applied to an an indicator.
For instance what would be the syntax to  apply SARafl to
MACD?
Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: bluesinvestor
[mailto:investor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 10:53
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Relative Indicator ValuesJayson,<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/39515and
related threadsRegards,Peter-----Original
Message-----From: Jayson [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday,
May 09, 2003 9:53 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
[amibroker] Relative Indicator ValuesTomasz,thanks for sending
examples of how to use the new functions. This is howIwill learn to
understand their use and construction. Am I correct inassuming that given
the underlying formula we could construct, forinstancea SARa function
(similar to RSIa), where we could apply SAR to anyindicator? Is there a
single reference site where the various underlyingformulas can be found or
is a goggle search the best
resource?Regards,Jayson-----Original
Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent:
Thursday, May 08, 2003 4:28 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[amibroker] Relative Indicator ValuesHello,Much easier to
use (not requiring any pre-scan) and less resourceconsumingis( AB
4.33 or higher )function ForeignStochD( symbol, Kperiod, Dperiod
){FC = Foreign( symbol, "C" );FH = Foreign( symbol, "H" );FL =
Foreign( symbol, "L" );FASTSTOCHK
=100*(FC-LLV(FC,kPeriod))/(HHV(FH,kPeriod)-LLV(FL,kPeriod));SLOWSTOCHK =
MA( FastStochK, Dperiod );SLOWSTOCHD = MA( SLOWSTOCHK, Dperiod );return
SLOWSTOCHD;}Plot( ForeignStochD( "MSFT", 14, 3 ), "Stoch MSFT",
colorRed );Plot( ForeignStochD( "IBM", 14, 3 ), "Stoch MSFT", colorBlue
);Plot( ForeignStochD( "AAPL", 14, 3 ), "Stoch MSFT", colorGreen
);Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com-----
Original Message -----From: "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS"
<TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx>To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:04 PMSubject: [amibroker] Relative Indicator
Values> To compare indicator X values with some reference stocks,
run in AA> the>> X=StochD();>
AddToComposite(X,"~StochD"+Name(),"C");> Buy=0;>> All
individual Stochastics are now separate tickers> ~StochD^NDX>
~StochDAAPL> ~StochDMSFT> etc.> In IB paste>>
Plot(Foreign("~StochD^NDX","C"),"^NDX",4,8);>
Plot(Foreign("~StochDMSFT","C"),"MSFT",1,1);>
Plot(Foreign("~StochDINTC","C"),"INTC",2,1);>
Plot(Foreign("~StochD"+Name(),"C"),Name(),7,2);>> to compare each
stock StochD with the 3 references ^NDX, MSFT, INTC.>> X may be
any complicated function. Just place>> X=myFunction;>
AddToComposite(X,"~myFunctionName"+Name(),"C");> Buy=0;>>
Dimitris Tsokakis>>>> Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at:<A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/Send
group FAQ at:<A
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Send
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.