[amibroker] Re: QQQ / SPY only

My understanding of the wash is that you can trade all you want as
long as you have a 30 day gap somewhere during the year AFTER that
loss which implies that losses that do not have a 30 day gap
following them prior to the end of the year are not deductible in
that year.  However as they say, it all comes out in the wash.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "the_chairmann" <jhart_1972@xxxx>
wrote:
> Nkis or others,
>
> What about the wash rule?  If you get stopped out at a loss
> tecnically you can't buy back for 30 days or else you can't apply
> the loss towards your taxes
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "nkis22" <nkishor@xxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, QQQ and SPY as well as DIA (dow 30). I trade these in and
> > out, DIA can even payoff on 15min intraday bars. 100 points in
> > dow is a dollar in DIA and Dow has big swings intraday. These have
> > options too, and big advantage is the if are in a swing trade,
> > u need not worry about some idiot analyst upgrading/downgrading
> > the stock. Also very liquid, easy to get in and out.
> >
> > There are some other good ones I follow every day. Long
> > and short the same over and over again. I call the "momo"
> > (momentum) stocks.
> >
> > People have different preferences. I only follow a small number.
> >
> > nand
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "billpritjr" <billpritjr@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > A spin off of my "one stock only" question a few weeks ago...
> > >
> > > anyone out there trading (long and short) QQQ only?
> > >
> > > I made the earth-shattering discovery that QQQ and SPY could be
> > > traded off 2/20 SMA cross technique with pretty decent success
> rate
> > > (given that you go long and short).
> > >
> > > I would be of the opinion that the QQQ and SPY's inherently
> address
> > > any "diversification" concerns that may exist, so bite my
> tongue,
> > but
> > > you could trade say for example $100,000 all year long with them
> > >
> > > sorry for the simple questions
> > >
> > > avid TA student and AmiBroker user!

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping