[amibroker] FINDING BREAKOUTS

This post is being posted to both the vectorvest
yahoo board, as well as the Amibroker board. It is a response to the vectorvest
post by Danny.  The vectorvest post by Danny is shown directly below this
new dual yahoogroup post.   Danny gets all of his stock picks from
Professor K.  He is getting older like I am, so he also needs lots of
help, the same  as I do.  I have attached a chart for the
Amibroker group. Ron D
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>==============================================================================

Danny, I am aware that you fully
 appreciate the fact that you are incredibly fortunate that professor K is
such a good friend of yours, and that he is willing to pass along
such great stock candidates to you.  Once again, today, I had too much
caffeine, so I am spending time playing with Amibroker till I get tired enough
to go to bed.  I only took a look at a few of your top 10
performer candidates.  I think that an experienced Amibroker users may
have already developed scans for finding those stocks that are about to break
out.  If so, then this will be about as close as one could expect to get to
the precise forethought you speculated about in your post below. It is probably
kind of a DUH observation on my part, but I noticed that average daily volume
tends to drop shortly before a breakout occurs.  I would hope that some of
the experienced Amibroker users have developed scans that are able to find
stocks with an appropriate weakening of average daily volume.  But wait a
minute, I  think that I have observed that short bodied candles also
tend to accompany  lower average volume , so am I  stating what
everybody already knows anyway?    May 16 was the last
day of a mini consolidation before XMSR had a rapid runup, and it was
not even in an under 20 stochastic oversold condition.  <FONT
face=Arial size=2> Also, the daily volume that occurred on May 16
was the lowest of the adjacent daily volumes.  I can't yet do much in
Amibroker, but thanks to the generous assistance of Anthony Faragasso, I was
able to setup multiple moving averages of  RSI and OBV.   I
noticed that XMSR  exhibited a consolidation and leveling of these moving
averages of RSI and OBV.  Also, the fast and slow stochastic came together,
but they were not in an deeply oversold condition,   Now compare this
to the XSMR  stochastic below 20 oversold condition on March
13.  On March 12, the day before the breakout, the daily volume was in
fact at a low point, although it was not SUBSTANTIALLY below the prior
day's volume.  It did have a decent runup starting on March 17, but this
runup was not near as good as the runup that occurred on May 16.  The
difference that this old codger sees is that the multiple moving averages of RSI
and OBV were still in an average  downtrend when the below 20
stochastic oversold condition occurred on Mach 12.  However, on
May 16, both of these multiple moving averages of RSI and OBV were in a
level consolidation and getting ready to move up.  What clue did I have
that they were about to  move up?  Well, take a look at the trend
of these bands of moving averages. The RSI and OBV were in an uptrend prior to
the May 16 GOOD  breakout.  Contrast this to the March 13 breakout. On
March 12, these bands of multiple moving averages of RSI and OBV were in a
downtrend.  I hope that some of the amazing users of Amibroker will
possibly tell us about some scans that they perhaps have already developed to
find breakout candidates.  If not, maybe they can develop AFL codes to
do this.   Ron D
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <DIV
  >=========================================================================================Here's
  the top 10 performers FROM the portfolio.Getting old(er) is a B.t.h, I
  can't remember how I generated the list, and my notes are all over the
  place.  You know how it is when you're tired and you keep running
  searches.  Then, you're so tired, that you just quit, and when you
  come back, you say, "how did this get here?"  Good thing I didn't
  develop a cure for cancer ... I wouldn't be able to produce it
  again.I may even have picked these with the "eyeball" method, which
  obviously can't be mechanized.Top 10 from the Portfolio (not
  strategy):MXT  +202%CTLM +160%XMSR +158%CNET
  +129%SOHU +122%CHPC +114%CHTR +108%AES  +
  97%WMB  +71%CPN  +67%If one were to have the precise
  foresight on 03/14, and they picked the top 10 stocks out of the 25, the
  return was +54% from 03/14 to
05/06.Danny