Re: [amibroker] Re: Endless loop detected in FOR loop

From: "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 7:04 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Endless loop detected in FOR loop

> Uenal,
>
> Thanks for the sample code ...
>
> Other potential "semi wild" enhancement ideas for ABTool which I
> could make use of ...
>
> The ability to import non-binary tables i.e. TableImport

Yes, true. But the problem is "knowing" the right types since this information
has to be guessed by analyzing the data. Differntiating between String
and Number is of course no problem, problematically it gets to differentiate
between the different numeric types, ie. float, int, byte etc.
But I already have a concept in my mind to find a possibly satisfactory
way to solve it. In the binary format of Import/Export all information is
contained within the binary data, so this was much simpler to implement.

> Three dimensional arrays or cubes i.e. column, row and depth.

They are already under development. I'm going even a step
further and trying to implement generic N-Dimensional arrays.

> The ability to insert things in cells by row, column or depth i.e.
>
> TableDepthCellInsert(col, row, depth, th);
> TableColCellInsert
> TableRowCellInsert

Yes, makes sense. IMHO this all is possible to be implemented.
I'll rank them of importance from my point of view; but, no doubt
they will be avail some day.

> Which in the last case for example would result in the last case of
> everything in the row to the right of the insertion point being
> shifted to the right with the last item in the row being deleted.

Thanks for the ideas
UM

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.