RE: [amibroker] Re: Example using functions in MathLib (for Jayson)

Thanks
Nand,
It was
really more an exercise to better understand the new function Tomasz
implemented.

Regards,

Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: nkis22
[mailto:nkishor@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 9:06
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Example using functions in MathLib (for Jayson)This
will do the same as what the function crLinearcorrelationdoes:x=
BarIndex();r=Correlation(C,x,20);Plot(r^2,"",4,8);and is
shorter because it is already in AFL.
nand--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> Thanks Chuck,> > My
questions were aimed at developing my own functions and I think you>
answered my questions. I will do some experimenting. If you decide to
add> array to the function please share it so I can compare the
syntax.> > Regards,> > Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: Chuck Rademacher
[mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxx]> Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:42
PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: RE: [amibroker]
Example using functions in MathLib (for Jayson)> > >
> I'm lost, Jayson, sorry.> > Are you interested in writing
functions or using the functions I uploaded?> > To use
RSquared, you don't even have to look at it.  I've documented
the> fact that you only pass the number of bars and it returns the value
of the> function.> > If you are asking me how to write
a function, you can have as many "things"> being passed to the
function as you want.   As long as the AFL calling the>
function and the function itself agree on how many parameters are
being> passed and in what order, everything is peachy.>
> I could have written the function like this:> > function
crLinearCorrelation (crArray, crLength);> > I may, in fact, change
it to that form in case someone wants to use the> function on
something other than the closing price.   If I wrote it
that> way, then the AFL calling it has to pass two, corresponding
parameters to> it.> > Finally, you can return only one
value and that is achieved with the> "return" statement as you have noted
below.> > I'm happy to help, but I'm not sure whether you are
seeking assistance with> using my functions or writing your
own.   If you want help with writing one,> just make an
attempt at it and send it to me for comment.   You'll get>
comments and assistance from others, too.>   -----Original
Message----->   From: Jayson
[mailto:jcasavant@xxxx]>   Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:22
PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Example using functions in MathLib (for
Jayson)> > >   Thanks Chuck,>
>   Forgive me the rudimentary questions and please correct me
if I am wrong.> First you declare the function
with>   function crLinearCorrelation (crLength)>
>   then you make your calculations with in the {   }
and you base the results> of the function with your IIf statement and
the result of the calculations> you call with..>
>   return IIf(crLowEQT == 0, 0, crUpEQ / crLowEQT);>
>   Is it always assumed that following the function
name> (crLinearCorrelation ) that the next argument is a period
(crlength)??> > >   Regards,>
[mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxx]>   Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003
3:22 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amibroker] Example using functions in MathLib (for Jayson)>
> >   Jayson...> >   Perhaps you
missed another posting on the subject.> >   Here is an
example using R-Squared that you might have in a trading>
system:> >   #INCLUDE
"........................./crMathLib.afl";>
..>   Buy = LinRegSlope > 0 and crRSquared(20) >
0.80;>   Sell = LinRegSlope < 0 and crRSquared(20) >
0.80;> > >   or, you might just want to graph
R-Squared:> >   graph(0) = crRSquared(20);>
> > >     -----Original
Message----->     From: Jayson
[mailto:jcasavant@xxxx]>     Sent: Wednesday, May 07,
2003 9:01 AM>     To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     Subject: RE:
[amibroker] New math functions added to AFL library>
(AmiBroker.com)> > >
Chuck,>     Thanks for sharing this. Could perhaps
post an example afl  showing the> use of one or both?>
>     Regards,>
>     Jayson>
-----Original Message----->     From: Chuck
Rademacher [mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxx]>     Sent:
Tuesday, May 06, 2003 3:57 PM>     To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     Subject: [amibroker]
New math functions added to AFL library> (AmiBroker.com)> >
>     I've just uploaded a (very) small library of
math functions to the AFL> library at AmiBroker.com.  It is a
"work in progress" library and this first> posting is purely to get
things going.  More functions will be added> regularly.  Users
may cut and paste functions into their own code.  The name> of
the file is crMathLib.afl and the current version only includes:>
>     crLinearCorrelation (bars)>
>     crRSquare (bars)> >
>     Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx>     Send SUGGESTIONS to