RE: [amibroker] Signals for next day's Trade

<SPAN
>Ken,<?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<SPAN
>To the best of my
memory:

<SPAN
>My original question
about this was due to the fact that if you ran a <SPAN
> formula in the backtester and right
clicked on the trade list and chose the "Show arrows for actual trades" that the
arrows were over the day the actual trade took place. I wanted to see the arrows
over the day of the signal. I was using the delay =1, Open so that meant the
arrows needed to be shifted 1 bar earlier than they were showing. At that time I
wanted a graphical way to use to indicate that I had a trade coming up the next
morning. That's when Tomasz gave me the code:
<SPAN

<SPAN
>SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);
<SPAN
>BuyPrice = SellPrice =
ShortPrice = CoverPrice = Close;

<SPAN
>That led to all kinds
of confusion on my part at the time because then the formula would not work in
the backtester - I needed to have 2 formulae. One for the visible signals and
one for the backtester.
<SPAN

<SPAN
>This was all due to my
not understanding that you could simply run my original formula in the Explorer
or Scan to get a list of the 1's and 0's to show the signals for the next day&#8217;s
trades. I was more of a rookie at the time than now and just didn't "get it". So
rather than tell me "Dude - run the scan or explore" Tomasz took me thru AFL
Wonderland and got me completely wrapped around the axle (this was my fault not
Tomasz&#8217;s).

<SPAN
>So what appeared to be
a dilemma back then was not one unless you were trying to manipulate those
little arrows so that you wouldn't need to run the Scan or Explore.

<SPAN

<SPAN
>I don't have that
problem now - I've got others.
Want to hear about them?
8-)
<SPAN

<SPAN

-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 9:56
AMTo: AmiBroker ListSubject: [amibroker] Signals for next
day's Trade
Hi:  would someone review with
  me the seemingly simple task of showingnext days signals.  What I
  mean is that a system thatbuys/sells/shorts/cover with 1 day delay at the
  open should be showing asignal the night before in order to tell you to
  place an order the nextmorning.How exactly do you get the signal
  to display?This is so basic a question that I am embarrassed to ask
  but .... whenone does a scan for the signals after nightly EOD download,
  does SCANshow a signal for the next day's trade?  I recall
  Dingo speaking of no signals showing in the Scan unless youcreate a
  separate file with different buy rulesBuy = Ref(Buy,-1),
  etc.But this seem confusing at best and wrong at worst, but what is
  theanswer?A patient and complete reply would be most helpful for
  me and I bet alot of
others.Thanks,KenSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.